Auto Body and Collision Technician
Auto Body and Collision Technician workers service, repair, replace and refinish motor vehicle bodies and frames.
What do Auto Body and Collision Technician workers do?
- Review damage reports and estimates of repair; cost and plan work to be performed.
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and under body components.
- Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers.
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns.
Individuals may chose to specialize in the Automotive Refinishing Technician sub-trade.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”