- Experienced Workers Overview
- SATCC Academic Misconduct Policy
- Second or Subsequent Examination Attempts
Domestic Experienced Workers
International Experienced Workers
Frequently Asked Questions - International Applicants
There are five compulsory trades in Saskatchewan. They are:
- Construction Electrician
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Sprinkler Fitter
To work in a compulsory trade in Saskatchewan the individual must be Journeyperson or a registered apprentice. Once assessed and approved as an International Trained Worker, you can work in the trade by submitting a Contract A for the employer you are currently working with and a “special Permit” card would be issued permitting you to work in the trade prior to attempting the IP exam.
You can apply to be assessed to see if you would meet the eligibility requirements to write the certification examination here in Saskatchewan. In order to qualify as an Internationally Trained Worker in a specific trade, you must prove required hours and years of trade experience.
Note: The only journeyperson credentials recognized in Saskatchewan are credentials that have been issued in Canada. If you have obtained a journeyperson certificate in another country, and want journeyperson certification in Saskatchewan, you must apply for a trade qualifier assessment.
The result letter is not a Certificate of Qualification (CofQ). The results letter will simply indicate one of three things.
- You have been approved to challenge the Journeyperson exam once you are a resident of Saskatchewan, OR
- You have not been approved to challenge the Journeyperson exam and must apply as an apprentice once you are a resident of Saskatchewan, OR
- You need to provide more information before an assessment can be completed
Yes. Learn about the structure of the examinations and how they are built, sample questions, their format and duration, what you need to bring for the examination and what to do if you don’t pass on the Red Seal website at http://www.red-seal.ca/resources/.2x.1ms_.1b.4.5t-eng.html.
Other resources include:
- Link to study materials: http://www.red-seal.ca/resources/.2x.1ms_st.5dy-eng.html
- Link to practice tests: http://www.red-seal.ca/resources/s.1mpl.2_q.5.2st.3.4ns-eng.html
- Online upgrading may be available for some trades.
Depending on the trade, there may be mandatory or voluntary upgrading. Please review the Form 7 instruction sheet for trade-specific details.
Have a question about your application? Not sure how to submit a payment?
SATCC staff are always happy to help answer your questions! Contact us at [email protected] or 1-877-363-0536. ... See MoreSee Less
Are you interested in a career as a Food and Beverage Person? Learn more on our website: saskapprenticeship.ca/designated_trades/food-and-beverage-person/Congratulations to one of our newest emerit Certified Professionals: Anita Makrodimitriou at The Park Town Hotel has completed national certification for emerit Food and Beverage Server. Anita is pursuing Apprenticeship training toward Food and Beverage Person, one of two tourism journeyperson trades in Saskatchewan. ... See MoreSee Less