Technical Training Information
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EMPLOYERS
To ease scheduling conflicts within your organization, you have the option of discussing preferred training dates with your apprentices. Please contact your Training Coordinator at the SATCC to discuss available options.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPRENTICES
- 2021-22 SATCC Training Schedule - effective April 5, 2022
- 2022-23 SATCC Training Schedule - effective May 18, 2022
- Note: Given the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, dates and capacity are subject to change. This schedule will be updated as needed.
- Technical Training Information - effective March 3, 2022
- Refund Policy
- Tuition Fees - effective February 1, 2022
- Fee Schedule - effective January 1, 2021
- Apprentice Code Book Purchase Information - 2021-2022
- Important Notices to Apprentices
- Support Programs
Apprentices who have registered for technical training must review the following:
As an apprentice, you may be eligible to receive Employment Insurance while attending apprenticeship technical training. Please read this Important Notice regarding Applying for Employment Insurance.
In addition, you may be eligible to receive an Apprenticeship Training Allowance providing:
- You apply for, and are eligible to collect, Employment Insurance; are currently receiving Employment Insurance; or, are deemed an “Insured Participant” by Employment Insurance officials. (Insured Participant means you don’t have enough hours to start a new EI claim, but you have been on EI within the last three years.)
- You are required to maintain a second residence at the location of training, at additional cost; and
- Your home residence is 50 km or more away from the training location.
The rate for apprentices whose principal or secondary residence, for the purposes of attending technical training, is located in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District will receive $175 per week. In all other cases, $125 per week applies.
To apply for an Apprenticeship Training Allowance, complete the Training Allowance application through your MyATC account. For further help with the Apprenticeship Training Allowance application, visit the MyATC Knowledge Centre.
INTRODUCTION TO TECHNICAL TRAINING
On the first day of each level of technical training, apprentices will watch the following video. If you missed it or need a refresher, please view here.