Indigenous Apprenticeship Initiative
The Indigenous Apprenticeship Initiative (IAI) program is designed for First Nations, Councils, Bands, Organizations, Training Institutions looking to increase and promote awareness of apprenticeship training and understanding of the trades as a career choice.
The IAI accepts proposals yearly, which can include a variety of projects:
- New initiatives not previously undertaken;
- “Introduction to Trades” courses;
- A level of apprenticeship training;
- Cost-share - Upgrader training for tradespeople with full trade time;
- Job coaching for currently indentured apprentices;
- Non-trade specific preparation courses for apprentices prior to apprenticeship training; and,
- Projects resulting in a social benefit to the community.
Please note: “Certificate” and “Applied Certificate” and wage subsidy programs are not eligible for funding under this program