Indigenous Apprenticeship Initiative
The Indigenous Apprenticeship Initiative (IAI) program is designed for First Nations, Councils, Bands, Organizations, Training Institutions looking to increase and promote awareness of apprenticeship training and understanding of the trades as a career choice.
The IAI accepts proposals yearly, which can include a variety of projects:
- New initiatives not previously undertaken;
- “Introduction to Trades” courses;
- A level of apprenticeship training;
- Cost-share - Upgrader training for tradespeople with full trade time;
- Job coaching for currently indentured apprentices;
- Non-trade specific preparation courses for apprentices prior to apprenticeship training; and,
- Projects resulting in a social benefit to the community.
Indigenous Apprenticeship Initiatives proposals for 2022-23 will begin in February 2022. See the Request for Proposal for more information, or contact the Director of Innovation and Inclusion at 306-933-5388.
Request for Proposal – 2022-23
Updated February 2022. On page three, the following information was corrected under eligible projects: “Certificate” and “Applied Certificate” programs under 30 weeks will be considered on a case-by-case basis and awarded dependent on the overall subscription to the initiative and available funds.