Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians maintain, service and overhaul large mobile equipment used in construction, mining, forestry, and other material handling applications.
What do Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians do on the job?
- Check bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy construction, logging and mining equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Service attachments and working tools.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”