Glazier cut, prepare, fabricate and install glass in residential, commercial and industrial structures, and in furniture and motor vehicles.
What do Glazier do on the job?
- Prepare, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on building exteriors and other structures.
- Prepare, install and replace glass in vehicles, furniture and other products.
- Read and interpret specifications to determine the type and thickness of glass, frame and materials required.
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation and assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or building exteriors.
- Prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”