What do scaffolders do on the job?
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Design, build and dismantle access equipment and structures such as scaffolds, ladders and ramps to perform their work, or to be used by other trades.
- Build platforms for holding tools and walking.
- Install safety measures, such as nets to catch dropped tools.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”
- Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training
- A Guide to Course Content
- On-the-Job Training Guide
- Upgrading Home Study Course
- Proficiency Examination Information
- Level One Examination Information
- Level Two Examination Information
- Provincial Occupational Analysis
- Form 6A Verification of Trade Experience