Insulator (Heat and Frost)
Insulators (Heat and Frost) maintain and apply thermal insulation to commercial and industrial structures and equipment.
What do Insulators (Heat and Frost) do?
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation.
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools.
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods.
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists.
- Install vapour barriers and remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings when required.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”