Esthetician-Nail Technicians perform manicures, pedicures, cosmetic massage of the limbs and digits and artificial nail applications or enhancements.
What do Esthetician-Nail Technicians do on the job?
- Maintenance of tools and equipment, such as sanitation and disinfection.
- Assessment of hand, foot and nail health.
- Manicures, pedicures and associated tasks.
- Cosmetic massage of the limbs and digits.
- Artificial nail applications/enhancements using various processes.
- Decorative nail art.
To be eligible to write the journeyperson trade examination in the trade, a candidate must successfully complete any technical training required by the commission.
Apprentices, please advise us of any approved apprenticeship, pre-employment and/or ongoing training during your apprenticeship. Tradespersons, please provide copies of your trade training along with your application for examination.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”
ESTHETICIAN-NAIL TECHNICIAN DOWNLOADS
- Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training
- A Guide to Course Content
- On-the-Job Training Guide
- Provincial Journeyperson Examination Information
- 2017 Provincial Occupational Analysis
- EST 1 Sanitizing, Disinfecting, and Sterilizing
- Practical Examination
- Approved SATCC Esthetician Technical Training Providers
- Esthetician - Nail Technician - Verify Trade Experience (Form 6A)
- Esthetician-Nail Technician infographic
- Frequently Asked Questions