Saskatchewan Apprenticeship is committed to maintaining a responsive, industry-driven apprenticeship and certification system that meets labour market needs. In order to meet this mandate, we are raising one of our fees.
This increase will allow us to continue providing our clients with timely, high-quality services, and will help ensure the long-term sustainability of the apprenticeship and certification system of training in Saskatchewan.
- Effective January 1, 2020:
- The minimum tuition fee is increasing from $300 to $350 per course
- Fee increases are necessary from time to time in order to continue providing timely, high-quality services to our clients.
- This increase reflects the amount of staff time and resources that are invested into providing these services.
This fee change is effective January 1, 2020.
Who Does It Affect?
- This will affect some trade qualifiers who are seeking upgrader training.
- This fee increase also affects apprentices in some trades who are attending technical training in the 2019-20 year.
Q: Which trades are affected by the minimum tuition fee increase?
- Apprenticeship Technical Training
- Electronics Assembler (All levels, 1-2)
- Mobile Crane Operator (Level 3) and sub-trades Boom Truck Operator “A” and “B” (Level 2)
- Powerline Technician (All levels, 1-4)
- Rig Technician (All levels, 1-3)
- Scaffolder (All levels, 1-4)
- Upgrader training:
- Construction Craft Labourer
- Mobile Crane Operator and sub-trades Boom Truck Operator “A” and “B”
For More Information:
- Please call 1-877-363-0536 or email [email protected] if you have questions, or would like further information