Esthetician-Skin Care Technicians perform specialized body treatments, specialized facial treatments, skin problem correction using electric currents/laser, make-up artistry/lash enhancements, lash and brow tinting, cosmetic massage, hair removal using various methods, manicures and pedicures.
What do Esthetician-Skin Care Technicians do on the job?
- Maintenance of tools and equipment, such as sanitation and disinfection.
- Cosmetic massage, specialized skin and body treatments.
- Spa treatments.
- Natural nail care including manicures, pedicures and associated tasks.
- Removal of unwanted facial and body hair.
- Make-up artistry.
To be eligible to write the journeyperson trade examination in the trade, a candidate must successfully complete any technical training required by the commission.
Apprentices, please advise us of any approved apprenticeship, pre-employment and/or ongoing training during your apprenticeship. Tradespersons, please provide copies of your trade training along with your application for examination.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”
Esthetician-Skin Care Technician downloads
- Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training
- A Guide to Course Content
- On-the-Job Training Guide
- Provincial Journeyperson Examination Information
- 2018 Provincial Occupational Analysis
- EST 1 Sanitizing, Disinfecting, and Sterilizing
- Practical Examination
- Form 6A Verification of Trade Experience
- Approved SATCC Esthetician Technical Training Providers
- Esthetician infographic