Roofers install and maintain built-up roofs, flat deck roofs, and steep roofs with a variety of covering materials.
What do Roofers do?
- Install, repair or replace built-up or single-ply roofing systems.
- Install, repair or replace asphalt and wood shingles, shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles.
- Install sheet metal flashings and apply waterproof coating to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level.
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools.
- Prepare estimates for clients.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”
- Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training
- Course Outline
- A Guide to Course Content
- On-the-Job Training Guide
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Examination Information
- Level One Examination Information
- Roofer Infographic
- Roofer Apprenticeship Information
- Roofer - Verify Trade Experience (Form 6A)