Bricklayers lay concrete block, brick, pre-cut stone and other materials in the construction or repairing of structures.
What do Bricklayers do on the job?
- Read blueprints to calculate materials required.
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools.
- Construct or repair walls, foundations and other structures in residential, industrial and commercial construction.
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to construct chimneys and fireplaces.
- May restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship Handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”