Recreation Vehicle Service Technician Designated as a Trade

The Recreation Vehicle Service Technician (RVST) is now a designated, apprenticeable trade in Saskatchewan, according to the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission (SATCC).

Recreation Vehicle Service Technicians inspect, diagnose, service, repair, replace and overhaul all systems and components on recreation vehicles.  This includes exterior and interior components, electrical, plumbing, and propane gas components; appliances, structural frames and towing systems on motor homes, travel trailers, van conversions and licensed towable vehicles.

News Release

Trade Information

15 Comments on “Recreation Vehicle Service Technician Designated as a Trade”

  1. Hi I’m Richard Lange From Saskatoon.
    I was wandering If there was a way to receive a RV training certification with out going through schooling? Is there a on line test for this? Is there a Grandfather clause were I can be certified? Just like SGI provides in the auto body industry if a person is the owner of his business. I’ve been doing SGI claims, I’ve been repairing RV’s for Over two years now and have my own Mobile RV business running.
    Is the training a ( red seal certification )?
    My cell number is 306- 371 – 5925

    1. Hi Richard.

      Candidates will be eligible to challenge the journeyperson examination upon verifying 7200 hours of trade time. Please see the RVST trade page on our website for more information on the course content and the Form 6A Verification of Trade Experience. If you need to ask more questions, please call our office at 1-877-363-0536 and talk with someone in Trades Assessment. Best wishes.

  2. Thanks Julie – would you have any employment projections for this trade for the next few years?

  3. Hi! i would like to apply for apprentice as an RV Technician, I’m an immigrant and currently working in an RV manufacturing company as an assembler. I would like to pursue my career towards an RV technician, can you please help me what steps to do? Thank you in advance.

    1. Hello. First, please review our Trades Qualifier webpage for the forms and processes to have your skills assessed: Following that, to become an apprentice in Saskatchewan, you will need to find an employer willing to provide the necessary on-the-job training and supervision as an RVST, and then complete an apprenticeship contract which gets registered with us. . More information about that trade can be found on our website at: . Feel free to call our toll-free number for more details. 1-877-353-0536. Thanks.

  4. I’m one of the Red Seal Techs in Saskatchewan. It is great to see the industry advancing. Schooling is through Okanagan Collage. Wages currently 30 dollars an hour average inin Sask province. Though many pay far to little and don’t support technitions . Propane Tickets for journyman will be required soon by all shops in Saskatchewan.

  5. I’m currently working in the RV industry and am interested in pursuing my red seal for he RV trade. When and where will Saskatchewan be starting the apprenticeship training? I hope it will be in Saskatoon and in the winter months.

  6. I’m a Red seal plumber also have a Red seal Steamfitters/Pipefitters and my General gas ticket .
    I was wondering If I would be able to use any of my trade time to obtain a Red seal RVST ticket

    1. Hi Patrick,

      Each situation is unique. We ask that you please call us at 1-877-363-0536 and ask for the Assessment area. They will be able to advise you. Thank you!

  7. I have also serviced most if not all systems i have installed . Have also taken a university entry level HVAC course . Also have my back flow testing licence .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *