Sprinkler Fitters install, test and repair fixed fire suppression systems.
What do Sprinkler Fitters do?
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements.
- Install clamps, brackets and hangers to support piping system and sprinkler and fire protection equipment, using hand and power tools.
- Select, measure, cut, ream and thread pipe, install sprinkler heads and mount prepared pipe in supports.
- Join pipes and piping system to water mains, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment.
- Install, service and repair valves, alarms and associated equipment.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”