Apprenticeship in Action – Spring 2017 newsletter


5 Comments on “Apprenticeship in Action – Spring 2017 newsletter”

  1. Dear Sir/Madam,

    Good day.

    I would like to know if I got educational assessment from WES which is approved organization by Canadian authority. Is it necessary to get assessment from your organization?

    Your prompt reply will be highly appreciable.

    Best regards,

  2. I’m going to become a permanent resident to Regina SK Canada. I am a truck and transport mechanic having approximately 14 years of relevant experience.
    Please let me know if I will have to complete apprenticeship program to become a registered practioner in my trade or else what I should do after getting a job. Thanks in anticipation.

    1. Hello and welcome. If you have been working in the industry already, you may want to take a look at being assessed as a Trade Qualifier. If you apply, our Assessment staff will review your experience and determine whether you qualify to challenge the Journeyperson exam as a Trade Qualifier. Review the web page and call us at 1-877-363-0536 for more information.

  3. Sir, I am Gurdeep Sings from INDIA, I’m completed TWO Years aapereticship in Tractor Mechanic, after One year Tractor mechanic ITI. I am working as a Vehicle MECHANIC in Border Roads Organisation INDIA. Am I eligible for 7321 cat. Pls mail me sir, Thanks

    1. Thank you for your recent email. You can apply to be assessed to see if you would meet eligibility to write the certification examination here in Saskatchewan. In order to qualify as an Internationally Trained Worker in the Truck & Transport Mechanic or Automotive Services Technician trade you must prove 10800 hours and 6 years of trade experience. We would require the following to be submitted:
      • Form 7 – Trades Qualifer Application for Assessment ($380.00 non-refundable fee)
      • Translated copies of Credentials (Diplomas/Certificates/Transcripts) if applicable
      • Form 6a – Verification of Trade Experience to be completed by your employer(s)
      • Letters from your employer(s) verifying your employment with contact information (address, phone number, email)

      Please note Interprovincial Journeyperson status will not be acquired until the Interprovincial Journeyperson Written examination has been passed. Visit our website regarding all the designated trades in Saskatchewan and to acquire the forms listed above:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *