Women in Trades
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a Women in Trades Exploratory Course.
- Neighborly (formerly Dwyer Group) provides six awards of $1,500 annually to women showcasing their talents through workplace experience, technical training, and education. Women in Trades Scholarship Fund.
- Hiring women can offer your business a competitive advantage. Read A Business Case for Hiring Women in the Skilled Trades and Technical Professions.
- The Skilled Trades Network is a national centralized resource and community for employers and apprentices in the skilled trades. Access information about training programs and financial supports. Obtain practical tips and strategies, network and share your experiences with others.
- The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women was announced in Budget 2018 as a five-year pilot project to support women to enter, progress and complete their training in Red Seal trades where they are underrepresented. The pilot will end March 31, 2023. Applications will not be accepted after this date. The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women (AIG-W) is a taxable cash grant of $3,000 per year/level (or equivalent) up to a maximum amount of $6,000 per person. More information.