Women in Predominantly Male Trades
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers a Women in Trades Exploratory Course.
- Neighborly (formerly Dwyer Group) provides six awards of $1,500 annually to women showcasing their talents through workplace experience, technical training, and education. Women in Trades Scholarship Fund.
- Hiring women can offer your business a competitive advantage. Read A Business Case for Hiring Women in the Skilled Trades and Technical Professions.
- The Skilled Trades Network is a national centralized resource and community for employers and apprentices in the skilled trades. Access information about training programs and financial supports. Obtain practical tips and strategies, network and share your experiences with others.
- In Budget 2018, the Government of Canada announced a new Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women to further support women in entering, progressing, and completing their training in Red Seal trades where women are underrepresented. The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women (AIG-W) is a taxable cash grant of $3,000 per year/level (or equivalent) up to a maximum amount of $6,000 per person. More information.