Truck and Transport Mechanics maintain and inspect motorized trucks, buses and road transport vehicles.
What do Truck and Transport Mechanics do?
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including; chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, fuel, air brakes, steering, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck trailer systems including structural, brakes and electrical system.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”
Truck and Transport Mechanic downloads
- Entrance Requirements for Apprenticeship Training
- A Guide to Course Content
- Hybrid Online and In-Class Training
- On-the-Job Training Guide
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Examination Information
- Level One Examination Information
- Level Two Examination Information
- Form 6A Verification of Trade Experience