What do framers do on the job?
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Prepare layouts to conform to building codes, using measuring tools.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials of wood and other materials.
- Install floor systems, lay sub-flooring and erect walls and roof systems.
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”