Boilermakers make and assemble dust, gas, steam, oil, water or other liquid-tight containers, structures and equipment.
What do Boilermakers do on the job?
- Read blueprints or specifications to plan sequence of operation.
- Lay out plate, sheet steel or other heavy metal and mark bending and cutting lines on work piece using protractors, compasses and drawing instruments.
- Set up and operate heavy metal working machines.
- Fit and weld metal parts or sections together.
- Erect and install boilers and other heavy metal products using power tools.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”