Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship (SYA) Industry Scholarships are awarded to selected, eligible high school graduates throughout the province who have completed the SYA Program and will be pursuing a career in the skilled trades.
Saskatchewan Youth Apprenticeship Industry Scholarships, valued at $1,000 each, will be awarded to graduating students nominated by selected provincial high schools each June.
To qualify for the scholarship, both the high school and the student must participate in the SYA Program. In addition, the candidate must:
- complete high school in the current school year;
- hold a completed youth apprenticeship passport; and
- within two years of completing high school, the graduate must either:
- be entered into a contract of apprenticeship in a designated skilled trade for one year and successfully complete the first level of technical training, or
- complete a Saskatchewan post-secondary training program in a designated trade.
The Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission (SATCC) will award approximately 100 scholarships. Nomination forms will be sent out to schools, who are asked to nominate one SYA graduate for a scholarship. The graduate’s achievements, dedication and need can all be considered when choosing a scholarship nominee. The scholarship certificates will be made available for presentation at the graduation ceremony or other high profile event of your choice.
More information can be found below: