Water Well Drillers monitor and service wells, interpret water analysis and operate drilling rigs and associated equipment.
What do Water Well Drillers do?
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells.
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig residential, commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment, and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures.
- Document geological formations encountered.
- Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use.
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.”