Insulators (Heat and Frost) maintain and apply thermal insulation to commercial and industrial structures and equipment.
What do Insulators (Heat and Frost) do?
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine insulation requirements and select type of insulation.
- Measure and cut insulating material to required dimensions using hand and power tools.
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods.
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between studs and joists.
- Install vapour barriers and remove asbestos or urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings when required.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.” More information can be found at http://tradeupsask.ca/insulators.