Glazier cut, prepare, fabricate and install glass in residential, commercial and industrial structures, and in furniture and motor vehicles.
What do Glazier do on the job?
- Prepare, install and replace glass in residential, commercial and industrial buildings, on building exteriors and other structures.
- Prepare, install and replace glass in vehicles, furniture and other products.
- Read and interpret specifications to determine the type and thickness of glass, frame and materials required.
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation and assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products on walls, ceilings or building exteriors.
- Prepare cost estimates for customers or clients.
For further details about this occupation, please see the High School to Apprenticeship handbook, or find it on this website under “Resources.” More information can also be found at http://tradeupsask.ca/glaziers.