Saskatchewan Apprenticeship is committed to maintaining a responsive, industry-driven apprenticeship and certification system that meets labour market needs. In order to meet this mandate, we are raising a couple of fees.
These increases will allow us to continue providing our clients with timely, high-quality services, and will help ensure the long-term sustainability of the apprenticeship and certification system of training in Saskatchewan.
- Tuition fees are not increasing.
- Effective January 1, 2019:
- Certificate and document replacement fees will increase to $75 (from $50 or $60 depending on the document);
- Requests for upgrading to increase from $100 to $125;
- The trade qualifier assessment fee for both domestic and international applicants will increase from $380 to $400; and
- The domestic trade qualifier assessment fee for Hairstylist and the two Esthetician trades will increase from $150 to $200. (Domestic Hairstylists and Estheticians have historically paid less than other trade qualifiers because they complete their training through private training providers prior to interacting with the SATCC.)
- Fee increases are necessary from time to time in order to continue providing timely, high-quality services to our clients.
- These fees reflect the amount of staff time and resources that are invested into providing these services.
These fee changes are effective January 1, 2019
Who Does It Affect?
These fee increases may affect apprentices and journeypersons who need a document or certificate replaced – for instance, a journeyperson certificate or a level card.
- These fees will affect trade qualifiers who are seeking upgrader training
- These fee increases also affect tradespeople, both domestic and international, who are applying to see if they qualify to challenge the journeyperson certification exam.
For More Information:
- Please call 1-877-363-0536 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or would like further information